Thursday 3 October 2013

My Pain knows me


I have dealt with pain in ways unknown to man
I have shed tears where men find laughter
I have journeyed into oblivion of shame and reproach
I lost count of times when my heart didn’t give up on me
I have lain on the bed of sadness with my troubles as dreams
Even sadness had a glimpse of happiness when i walked in.
My complexion is as dark as my future ... i see void
My tears are the sweetest drink quenching my thirst.
Hope they say lies ahead, for me, rope i see hanging abreast.
Pain kidnapped me and after so many days
Pain felt so painful with itself for the cheap ransom
My life would offer for a painless freedom.
Head cast down i walked away from pain embracing nothingness
Then i saw death clad in black        
With the rumoured devilish grin
So it’s true, the picture of death painted in human mind.
He was grinning, am sure he hasn’t struck in a while
It was a grin of deadly defiance in the moment
And death came charging towards me. Still grinning
And then i smiled and ran towards it. Still smiling
The look on his face changed from grinning to grimace
Death must have thought i was deadlier...
Then he stopped...
But i didn’t, this was my last hope of leaving earth
And i will not let it go.
I have never seen anything or anyone ran from me
In such a way that death did. He ran as much as he could
So fast that i was sure something was chasing me
That made death even afraid of me...
Death felt fear, than the fear upon my life
If death can’t kill me, i ponder, what can take my life
I knew God wouldn’t take me, so no point in asking Him to.
And I couldn’t ask God the question that accustomed the revelation
Of defeat, denial, sad, sorrowful and neglected human ‘’God, Why me ‘’

No comments:

Post a Comment